I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Overall a pretty good day...

So Tuesdays are my long days. My institute class starts at 12:25 and I am in class until 9 at night. Long, but  for the most part it is usually pretty good. Today I left a little bit later than I usually do, about 11:15 until the usual 11. I was worried about having time to make sure I got a parking spot (we have a 600+ parking garage for Institute, but there are over 2000 kids signed up for Tuesday Thursday classes, soooo you don't have a guaranteed spot.) Typically I wind up finding a spot on the top level of the 4 story parking garage. Well today I got practically the closest spot to the Institute Building. YAY!! Of course on the coolest day so far of the school year I would have to walk the shortest distance, it couldn't have happened on one of those 110+ days, but hey I ain't complaining! Then later institute started. Class was GREAT today. It was one of those days where the Spirit really knew what I needed to hear and be reassured about. Those days where you feel like everything is being said especially for you and there are little cue cards that everyone is reading off of so that you can hear what you really really need to hear. (Ha I just got this great little visual of angels standing on the side with multi colored cue cards...) Anyways! Then at the end of class Brother Calton presented Terrence, a guy who got baptized about 6 months ago, with a brand new set of scriptures that some of the class had gotten together and purchased for him. By this time I was already a bit teary from the Spirit and then when Brother Calton handed him these beautiful scriptures and Terrence broke down from his emotions I started crying more. (And of course now I am crying again remembering it!) It was great to see how he felt to receive his own set of scriptures, it was a really nice moment. The whole class was just really good. My teacher has all of these really interesting tidbits of information and is just a really good teacher. He said some things that I really needed to hear. He reminded me that Heavenly Father has a reason for everything that happens in our lives and that there is a purpose for all that we go through and that happens. There was some other things, but that is all I feel like sharing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment